50-year-old Ron Nielson was just trying to get in the Halloween spirit last week when he accidentally set himself on fire.
Ronny boy was setting up a cross outside on his lawn. The cross was surrounded by a large circle of candles. According to the report, he poured gasoline over the cross and candles. He then he lit one of the candles and everything went up in flames, including Nielson himself.
Luckily, his wife was nearby and she grabbed a hose and put out the fire, but not before her husband suffered second-degree burns over half of his body. He had to be airlifted to the hospital, but he is expected to be okay.
According to fire department officials who talked with NBC News, Nielson did not pour gasoline on himself, but caught on fire because of vapors coming off the burning cross.
It sounds like he is the Clark Griswold of Halloween decorations. I mean, who actually burns a cross on their front lawn for Halloween? A simple scarecrow would have been enough, man. You didn’t have to risk your life like that.
Besides, no one really cares about the decorations. All the neighborhood kids care about is what kind of candy you will be passing out.