Remember when your mom would tell you, “Don’t you blow off any fingers!” before you went off with your friends to shoot fireworks? Well, it looks like moms around the country now need to include, “Don’t you blow off any heads!” in their pregame speech.
22-year-old Devon Staples was drinking with his friends and setting off fireworks in the backyard of his friend’s house. For some reason (probably the alcohol) Staples got the brilliant idea to place a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off.
The firework exploded and killed the man instantly. It’s the first fireworks fatality in the state of Maine since the state legalized fireworks back in January of 2012.
Emergency officials in the state did confirm they responded to several accidents involving fireworks this past weekend, but most injuries were just minor burns.
This is why you should never drink while playing with something that could kill you. Don’t drink and drive, don’t drink and shoot fireworks, don’t drink and wrestle bears, etc.
Just don’t drink. Smoke weed or something. Eat some ice cream. If you’re going to kill yourself, at least do it slowly with junk food. Be a true American.