A couple from Wyoming have been charged with involuntary manslaughter after they tried to teach the woman’s 16-year-old son a lesson about alcohol.
Paulette L. Richardson and Joseph M. Richardson were getting tired of hearing the teenager (Kendal Ball) talk about how much he wanted to drink alcohol. For three years, he had expressed his desire to get wasted. So Joseph and Paulette decided to teach him a lesson.
They gave Ball enough alcohol to make him sick in hopes he would hate the experience. Well, they pushed things too far. Ball died of alcohol poisoning, and an autopsy discovered his blood-alcohol level was 0.587 percent, which is more than seven times the legal limit for adult drivers.
Sheriff Doug Matthews told the Uinta County Herald that people aren’t sure how to react to the news…
“It’s a tragedy. There’s both sides of the issue. The majority of the people in the community are concerned – they’re wanting to know more.”
Both Paulette and Joseph remain in county jail. According to reports, their preliminary hearing was set for today.