Yes, we know the internet is still trying to recover from the adorable pizza rat in New York. But not all rodents are lucky enough to find a whole slice of pizza for themselves. Some of them settle for boiled peanuts.
One poor mouse in Hawaii died in a pretty horrible way. Jenny Bugliesi was shopping at a convenience store on a military reserve in Hawaii when she decided to treat herself with a cup of Cajun boiled peanuts from the store’s self-serve pot.
Bugliesi told a local news station the following…
“I was kinda scraping the bottom and I was joking like, ‘Oh I hope there’s enough to fill up my cup.’ And all of a sudden … I’m like, ‘Oh my gosh! Look at this.'”
What are we supposed to be looking at? WHAT IS IT, JENNY? WHAT DID YOU FIND?
That’s right, folks. She found a “partial mouse” clinging to the side of a boiled peanut. The Army and Air Force Exchange Service told reporters that once the mouse was discovered, they removed the peanuts from stock and there is now an investigation going on to find out how the mouse fell in the pot.
I can’t stop staring at the photo, and I can’t stop switching from, “Aww, that poor mouse!” to “EW! WHAT THE HECK!”