After writing a story on the Texas mother who abused her disabled son, I feel the need to end the week with some positive news.
A 5-year-old girl named Cloe Woods is being called a hero today after saving her blind Grandmother during a fire inside their family home. Early Wednesday morning, the stove in the home caught fire and set off the smoke alarm.
Cloe jumped out of bed and ran straight to her Grandmother’s bedroom. She instructed her Grandmother to hold her shoulder as she guided her out of the house. Once safely outside the house, Cloe started knocking on doors in the neighborhood, “I wanted water, to pour on it,” she told reporters.
The girl’s mother, Shone Arceneaux, returned home minutes later after dropping her older children off at their carpool stop.
“She was running and telling the neighbors to call 911, and I said what’s going on. She said the house is on fire, so I jump out of the car and said what?”
John Hellmers, Fire Department Chief, told reporters Cloe’s actions saved multiple lives that day, “She saved her grandmothers’ life and saved her own life.”
How was she so prepared for this moment? Back in October, her Pre-K class went to the local fire department to learn how to properly react during a fire.
If you’d like to help Cloe’s family recover after the fire, you can click on this link to contribute to their GoFundMe account.