Katelyn Powell was living in a nightmare for six months. Her five-year-old daughter, Khloe, had been dealing with a mysterious illness, and it was only getting worse as time went on.
It all started six months ago when “her nose just started [running] out of this one side. Green, green, green constantly and it stunk.” Powell told KABC-TV.
She was obviously worried about her daughter, so she decided to schedule an appointment with the family’s doctor. In fact, she took her to three different doctors, and they all said the same thing.
Khloe had a sinus infection and she needed antibiotics to clear it from her system…
“We went home, did 10 days of medication, didn’t work. We took her even to the dentist because we thought it was her teeth — nothing.”
But last weekend, Khloe solved the mystery thanks to a simple suggestion from her Uncle. He took one look up her nose and said she needed to blow it because it was “disgusting.”
So she did, and this fell out…
A black and rotten-looking safety pin, measuring about 1.5 inches long. And it’s safe to say everyone was shocked.
“It was a huge object. It was bigger than her nose. We were horrified. I was like, ‘Did you put this up there?’ She did, but she forgot to tell me.”
Khloe is feeling much better now. According to her mother, she wanted to “see how far it would go” up her nose.
…guess she got her answer.